Thursday, April 23, 2009

Up in the Air

Up in the air is where we were yesterday, and where we were supposed to be on Monday.  Our flight to Vancouver was scheduled for Monday at 1PM.  At 12:41PM on Monday I checked our flight itinerary.  Needless to say, we didn't make it to Toronto airport on time, but we were able to change our flight to 1PM on Tuesday... for a fee.
On Tuesday the plans went smoothly and we landed in Vancouver where we were met by our good friend Ali (see archive photo below).

  
Tara and Ali rock out at karaoke during Ali's visit to Japan in 2008.

We get to spend this week enjoying the company of some friends and family in beautiful Vancouver before flying again on Saturday.  And where are we going next, you ask?  Back to Japan, I say, where we're looking forward to seeing our friends and students again!

At this point I'm sure some of you are wondering how long we'll be in Japan, and what our plans are while we're there and after that.  Unfortunately some of those details are also up in the air for now.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I thought you guys were flying out on Sunday? You might want to double check that :D

Janet said...

Tara, I double checked and the flight info you sent says you're leaving on the 26th which is Sunday
MomE

Ian said...

haha! Yes, we flew on Sunday, not Saturday as I wrote in this post. Ok, I guess it is a good thing Tara's in charge of flight dates... I'll let the Toronto incident slide. ;)